Monday, January 22, 2007

You need to leave my fridge, sorry :(


It was an end of a leaven. I hope not an end of a home made bread baking era though...

This jar that was started somewhere last autumn, had produced some fairly nice sourdough breads but then I left it. My weeks of bread baking frenzy seemed to be over, for a while at least. R kept asking how long "that thing" is gonna be in the fridge, taking precious beer space, and when/if I was actually gonna bake something with it. So yesterday I just said "ok, I will throw it away now.." I hadn't been refreshing it for a few months, which I think wasn't very good for the leaven. But it looks what they describe will happen to leaven that has been kept in the fridge for some time.. coffee like mixture floating on the top.

I did think of baking, but I just haven't had the same inspiration. I love Dan Lepard's writing and his Book "The Handmade Loaf" and I tried some of his recipes, but my sourdough bread never seemed to have that airy quality that is characteristic of those breads.
I still wanna try, but now it's time to try something different.
Maybe next time I will do a rye leaven and see what kind of breads comes out of that?

Today was Monday again.. One of the worst days to be working at where I work every day. Major problems, short of staff, stressed people around me.
It's not really worth getting upset about, is it?

I have more pressing things to consider. What to do with my life for example!
Like career wise for example! How to get that money flowing...

Watched "The Lakehouse" with Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock. Everything about that film was perfect.. so beautiful. I nearly cried when I watched it. The emotion, the beauty. The way the nature was filmed. Everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home